Monday, June 30, 2014

Piranha-like fish has been caught in Ohio

The young angler caught the toothy fish in a northern Ohio reservoir last wednesday.
Angler Coleman Brown was surprised to say the least when he reeled in a Pacu – a cousin of the piranha – while fishing on the Shelby Reservoir No. 3, according to the Mansfield News Journal.
Brown could tell it was an unusual fish from the moment it bit the hook. He said it hooked like a catfish and fought like a bass.
“It kept hitting my rod and it stripped the bait away,” Browning said. “I rebaited my hook and threw it right where I was getting the hits. It was fighting me hard.”
Brown estimate his unusual catch weighed 7 pounds and measured 15 inches long with a 6.5-inch girth.
Pacu are small fish with razor-sharp teeth that are indigenous to South America.

No comments:

Post a Comment